11.17.2009

My New (to me) Dining Table

A few weeks ago I went into my local thrift store and, as usual, headed to the home section. I immediately spotted a dining table that I thought would fit in with my decor and was small enough to fit into my space. I sent out a quick tweet with a photo asking 'yay or nay' and the response was yay. So, for $35 I grabbed it up. If once I got it home I decided that it didn't work for me I knew it wouldn't be a problem getting rid of it on craigslist.

But, luckily, it worked and I loved it.


I guess Howard wasn't used to something being in this area. 


Putting it together...LOVE the detail on the legs


Ta-da! Fits perfectly into the area between the two windows!



Solid wood for $35. Couldn't get better than that! My intital thought when I first saw the table in store was to paint it but I actually really like the way it looks so I'll be leaving it alone. I plan on pairing it with white eames shell chairs, like these:





The juxtaposition between modern/traditional (although the table isn't quite traditional) will be great. Not bad for $35, eh?

9 comments:

COCOCOZY said...

Very nice thrift store find! Love the size.

Coco
Cococozy
http://www.cococozy.com

Michelle... said...

nice find! And I definitely think the wood will look great against white chairs.

DaVida Chanel said...

So cute and I agree w/Michelle - the white chairs will be awesome!

LindsB said...

What a great buy, I think it looks perfect there!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Not bad at all! Actually, I think it's pretty awesome. :-) I like it not painted as well, and think it will work quite well with the white chairs. Can't wait to see!

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE the table!
By the way, in reply to your post over on my blog...I'm actually getting rid of 2 of the shell chairs as now with the bench, I have 2, too many! ;) If you'd like them shoot me an e-mail at aubreyandlindsay@hotmail.com. :)
-Lindsay

Mandy said...

Awesome. It will look great with those white chairs.

T said...

I like what you're doing with the back wall. I don't think you've shown that before. Nice!

SAJ said...

What a great score! That is going to look amazing with the Eames chairs.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I do my best to respond to questions/suggestions - so if you leave one don't forget to check back for my response :)