11.04.2009

Fabric Lust

Ugh. I'e only been back blogging for about a week and I'm already obsessing over items I must have/find and stalking craigslist (and even ebay) again. In addition to wing chairs, I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a bamboo/Asian-ish inspired credenza and night tables (more on that later) and lusting after...fabric. Yes, fabric. I'm like a little old lady - I can't get enough of it (is fabric lust a little old lady thing?).

I wouldn't say my space is lacking for colour - but I want to add more pops of colour in shades of pink, yellow, gray, and white - I'm really loving the freshness of white right now. I plan on doing this by changing my current accent pillows (which I've never been too crazy about in MY space all though I do love them). I also plan on having a few upholstery projects in my near future...so fabric is on the brain! Here's some that I'm particularly loving...

The trellis print - made extremely popular by uber fabulous designer Kelly Wearstler. It looks good on basically everything from curtains to chairs to rugs to pillows to walls....it's pretty no fail.



I love a good chevron print. Rubie Green's East Village is fantastic - and eco-friendly!



The every popular ikat print...which shows up in every design magazine at least once:



The suzani print. This fabric looks great covering large pieces or framed and hung as art.





The otomi fabric has been spotted here and there in design mags for good reason - it's fantastic. Love it on large pieces like headboards and used as coverlets.





My all time FAVOURITE - Schumacher's Chiang Mai Dragon. I forsee this in my hands in the near future:



It's sooooo perfect, no? The colours the prints...the hidden dragons. I love it so much it almost hurts. Almost.

I came across this print while searching for something with the Chiang Mai Dragon feel without the cost - I think it achieves that:



I love this Aviary print and keep coming back to it. I think it would look beautiful used in a girls room - it's playful but not childish.

I've never been much of a floral girl but oversized florals that aren't too pretty have been catching my eyes too:



Yeah, my choices may not be the 'safest' but you definitely can't call them boring! Am I the only one going crazy for fabric right now? I see accent cushions and an upholstered headboard in my very near future....

(By the way - if anyone knows where I can find the chiang mai print online for a good price PLEASE let me know!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can never have too much fabric to obsess over. The suzani print has caught my eye, and you can never go wrong with a chevron pattern. If only I can wrap my eyes around ikat without it inducing a headache, I'd be sold! Great choices...

ceecee said...

on another note...ur profile pic is so hot. love ur hairstyle. you and another girl I saw are making want to get a haircut again (I'm trying to grow my hair out)

LindsB said...

If loving fabric is an old lady thing then I guess I'm a super old lady because I love it! I have a minor obsession with collecting fabric that I have no plans for.

Beauty Is Diverse said...

All the fabric looks great.

Mandy said...

Le sigh. Is all beautiful and I really want you to become a professional designer so one of these days when I can afford a designer I can hire you. (I'd hire you anyway, its the affording it all that might be a slight problem)

Fargerike Dagny said...

Love your choices! :)

Kay* said...

@ceecee - LMAO thanks girly! i'm in desperate need of an appointment with my hairstylist right now and have one booked for saturday (to reshape the cut, who knew my hair grew so fast!). just got the worst news from my stylist - she's going to MIA until MARCH! WHAT WILL I DO?!?!?!?!

@mandy - awww thank you! i would totally help you decorate for free. if you ever need suggestions or anything like that just email me ;)

Revival said...

wow - you are speaking my language. i have fabric obsession AND am obsessed with pretty much all the same fabrics as you. One can never have enough. I just told myself to "step away from ebay" for awhile. Maybe we should form a support group?

Anonymous said...

Can you give us more info on the peacock print with the Chiang Mai feel? Pattern name, etc? I'm in love with Chiang Mai, too, and would like to check out some alternatives.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I do my best to respond to questions/suggestions - so if you leave one don't forget to check back for my response :)