11.02.2009

Ikea's Moroccan Inspired Rug

During my self-impsed blogging break I managed to visit Ikea a few times. (I was sprucing up my younger brothers bedroom and relied heavily on the store for several of the storage solutions and small organizational details). While I was there I spotted (what will soon become) my new living room rug. Now if you're a long-time blog reader you'll know that my DREAM rug is an authentic Moroccan berber rug. Oh gosh, they are soooo beautiful & lush...I just love them. They are also expensive (and rightfully so). So when I spotted this rug, the Alvine Rug, I was immediately drawn to it (and slightly confused as to why I hadn't seen it in the new Ikea catalogue). I LOVE the colours - they match perfectly with my colour scheme - and the print is tres Moroccan in feel. I flipped my shoes off, unfolded the rug and felt it undefoot. Pass.





Like I said, I didn't notice this rug in the Canadian Ikea catalogue (not sure if it's in the US version) and it's not online either but I wanted to share it with you all just incase you're looking for a new rug. I can't wait to get it in place - to actually buy it I should say. It'll lighten the space a bit (my current temp rug is dark and makes the space feel heavier) and will bring in some of that ethnic print/feel that I'm eager to inject into the space. Have you noticed this rug at Ikea?

(Psssst...don't forget to enter my giveaway by clicking here. You have until midnight tonight est!)

8 comments:

Beauty Is Diverse said...

I like it.

LindsB said...

I'm always looking for fun rugs that are not crazy expensive. I'll have to make a trip to Ikea soon to check it out in person,thanks!!

sonya audrey said...

Ohhhh, I like that. I don't know why but I have such a hard time committing to rugs. I can just never decide.

Katelin said...

oh very fun, love the print.

Michelle... said...

ooh, that rug is great. May have to keep an eye out for it here in the states!

Susan said...

I LOVE your new blog design.

Anonymous said...

great rug. what is it called?
Sonia

Kay* said...

@Michelle- it is in the states :) another blogger recently mentioned she saw it in-store too!

@Susan - thank you!

@Sonia - It's called the Alvine Ruta...I just checked online and they do have the rug on both the US and Canadian site now :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I do my best to respond to questions/suggestions - so if you leave one don't forget to check back for my response :)