11.10.2009

A Bouquet of Cake Pops

Here in Canada we celebrated Thanksgiving Day almost 1 month ago. I, in my small apartment that is probably around 600 square feet (including the 'hall' and closets), hosted Thanksgiving dinner. 7 people (2 kids, 2 teens, 3 adults). 1 dog. I've NEVER hosted dinner before and the pressure (self-imposed of course) was definitely on.

I'm super proud to say that everything came together perfectly AND the food was delicious (if I do say so myself). I'm going to share pictures of the dressed table in another post but I wanted to share some pics of the cake pops I made for the occasion. I saw them on Bakerella's website (she's a GENUIS when it comes to creative, yummy, baked goods).



And while mine weren't as perfectly rounded as hers (no where close actually) I still think they were pretty cute. I had the fab idea to present them in my monkey vase (yes, finally pics of the monkey vase!) - I thought it would look fun and it did...like he was holding a bouquet of cake pops....





I'm telling ya, when he's not on lookout duty in the kitchen or busy holding fruit - I've got plans for him to dress up various spots around the house during special occasions and holidays.

And of course those poor cake pops didn't stand a chance. They were gone within the first 20 minutes :)

7 comments:

LindsB said...

Yum!! Those look so good!

Katelin said...

ooh those look tasty and love that monkey vase, so fun and unique.

T said...

Aw! Those looks absolutely amazing. You're so inspiring. I would never think to do cake pops. People are lucky to get a cupcake out of me (not because I don't bake, but because I tend to eat them all myself).

P.S. Can't wait to find out the winner of the new layout. Yep, I'm stalking your blog. I REALLY hope I win. :)

thatShortchick said...

that's so cute! and congrats on hosting a successful thanksgiving!

Mandy said...

I thought these were adorable when I saw them in your Thanksgiving post. I love the monkey. I am wanting to try these cake pops. I just recently bought a brownie pop silicone pan.

Mrs. Limestone said...

You are taunting me with that awesome monkey vase right? Really not fair!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

YUM! Those would not be safe around me!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I do my best to respond to questions/suggestions - so if you leave one don't forget to check back for my response :)