4.19.2010

197 & some randomness

Note: I'm quite excited to almost have 200 blog followers! I know to some of you who have several hundred (or even thousand) 200 is not that big of a deal but to me - it's amazing. I never expected to even have 5 followers when I started blogging so to have 197 is quite cool I think. I'm hoping to hit 200 today? So...if you read my blog & enjoy it...why not follow! Or you know...over on your blog you can mention what a cool little blog you found.....*shameless plug lol* I think I'll have a contest once I pass the 200 mark :) .......

Now a bit of randomness. I have a thing for these kind of q&a posts :) and posted this one over on my other blog a couple of days ago...

1. If you could travel back in time, would you? What decade would you visit?

Definitely. Most likely the late 1950s or 1960s. (The opportunity to hear Malcolm X or Martin Luther King speak....The civil rights movement. To hear Billie Holiday or other jazz greats perform live. To see actresses & actors like Dorothy Dandridge & Sidney Poitier take Hollywood by storm. Stepping out in Harlem. The beginning of Motown. The fashion...) 


2. What was your best Halloween costume? (fun to make? most creative?)

Oh gosh. Does it suck that I can't really remember ever wearing a unique costume? Hm. Well, last year I painted my younger brother's face like a vampire. That was pretty awesome.

3. Do you like your name? If you weren't called by your name, what would you want to be called?

I've grown to like it...though it is a VERY common black girl name - at least to me (note my actual name is not Kay, that's what I blog under). LOL. I mean, every black comedian that does a joke and lists girls names - always includes it. And in hip hop/r&b songs when they list girls names - it's always included. Remember this song? Yup. But I do like more unique uncommon names. If & when I have children they will not have 'traditional' names at all.

4. In the past year, what is the BEST recipe you made. Please share it!

Oy...curry chicken and mashed potatoes? I'm too lazy to type out the recipe but if anyone is interested - I'll do it....No no no no no...make that roast chicken a la Jamie Oliver. I finally found a roast chicken recipe that rocks. Definitely my go to. I've made it 3 or 4 times SINCE the first time I made it for Thanksgiving.

5. Look around - what is the nearest object or picture hanging on the wall?

My big DIY canvas that I made to mimic Molly Sims' artwork.

6. What was the last movie you saw in the theater? Would you recommend it?

Ugh - it was last weekend. I saw 'Why Did I Get Married Too.' It was NOT my choice. It was my sisters choice. I would not recommend it. But if it's worth anything the weekend before that I, finally, saw 'Avatar' and THAT I would DEFINITELY recommend!

7. Did you go to summer camp? Will you/do you send your kids to camp?

I didn't but if my future children are interested in going - sure, I think I'd let them go.

8. What kind of ringtone do you have?

The one that sounds like an old phone. But it's funny...lately I have been thinking about changing the ring because EVERYONE has the old phone ring & it can get a bit confusing when I'm out lol.

9. Where is the farthest away from home you have ever been?

Egypt. (So roughly 5,735 miles or 9,230 km)

10. Has anyone ever written a song or a poem for or about you?

No :( But I have had love declared, by two different people, via written letter and email...does that count? Lol.


*10 Questions seen & borrowed from here
** Looking for an appropriate image for this post...because, you know, I like posts with pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on hitting 200! That IS exciting.

I had no idea your name wasn't actually Kay! Crazy.

Anonymous said...

That Jamie Oliver roasted chicken is one of my go to recipes, love it.

by Sutton said...

i love this q&a! very cute... loved getting to know you better! congrats on 200!

Kyla Roma said...

Oh cute! We are definitely style twins, the late 1950s - 60s are where my heart lives too.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I do my best to respond to questions/suggestions - so if you leave one don't forget to check back for my response :)