2.22.2010

Oh Canada!

In addition to intense job hunting (which has been taking up a lot of my time) I've been watching a lot of the 2010 Winter Olympics - and loving every moment of it. In the past I haven't watched too much of the Winter Olympics but it is being held in Canada and I am Canadian...so, you know, I kinda feel it's my duty to watch ;) and show support. Plus, I'm also super patriotic so any time Canada is competing in a world competition of some sort - I always tune in. I'm watching most events (except for curling...I just can not do curling), some for the first time, and am so incredibly in awe of these athletes passion and determination. To represent your country, even if you don't medal but even more so if you DO medal, must be such an incredible feeling...and for that reason, even when Canada is not the winner, I still clap for whatever country won. It's all about friendly competition right? Love it.

Have you been watching the 2010 Winter Olympics?

12 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I didn't know that people still watch. So, that should tell you that I haven't

Mandy said...

Watching the Olympics has definitely taken over my life. I try to accomplish everything I need to between the time I get home from work and 8:00 when primetime coverage starts. Then I watch the late coverage until 2 or so. I am going through my days overly caffeinated (and sort of grumpy, but only at work). I get chills watching medals ceremonies regardless of which country wins.

Kay* said...

totally with you Mandy! i'm on a very similar schedule :)

micah said...

My husband is obsessed with curling. It's actually not too bad once you give it a try :)

Bayjb said...

I've been watching some of the Olympics but I have to say, the gorgeous city shots make me really want to visit Vancouver and Canada in general soon.

stefanie said...

I have been following the Olympics from the very first day and can't get enough of it. I hope Germany will beat the USA in the medal count. :) Even though I love both countries equally. But Germany deserves it.

Beauty Is Diverse said...

I'm watching right now.

Kyla Roma said...

I've been watching a little- it's so much fun! I've been getting way more into curling than I thought I would lol

Jeannine | The Small and Chic Home said...

I always catch Olympic fever! Regardless of nationality, I think everyone had goosebumps when that first Canadian medal was won and the whole crowd at the medal ceremony belted out the Canadian national anthem. The scene at the ice dancing final was pretty awesome, too.

I love the evolution of the winter games. It's so great to see some of the "fringe" sports that were part of the X Games get a spot in the Olympics.

Designwali said...

yep...staying up way past my bedtime..but enjoying it.

just found your blog.

LOVE IT!!

Rhona said...

I won the Sunshine Blog award that I am passing onto you!

Jazz said...

I'm not really into The Olympics but HUGE CONGRATS on Canadas big win! I think Canada and her people are lovely. YAY CANADA ROCKS! =)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I do my best to respond to questions/suggestions - so if you leave one don't forget to check back for my response :)