1.22.2010

Black Ceiling Love



Ugh. I love every single thing about this photo. When I own my own home I am DEFINITELY using this as my inspiration photo. No need to look any further! This is IT. Of course I'll add my own little touches to make it even more me but this is pretty darn close to perfect. Let me list exactly what I love about this room:

  • It's classic but modern. It's modern but warm.
  • The black ceiling. So unexpected but it works!
  • The full curtains.
  • The medallion on the ceiling. It's ridiculously ornate & unusual. Love.
  • The dark wood floors.
  • The oversized light fixture.
  • ALL OF THE MOLDING.
  • The quirky brass candle holders (I definitely prefer brass to chrome)
And the hot pink flowers on the table. Love. Yes. I'm in love with this room. And can you believe it looked like THIS before??? Isn't that incredible? It doesn't even look like that same room. An amazing transformation, don't you agree? Gives me hope that the little fixer upper I hope to one day own will, with a little elbow grease, turn out just fine.

Have a great weekend! We're expecting up to 6c (a whopping 43f) and I can't wait!

p.s. If you have any questions for me, about me, no matter how random click here & ask away! I'll post the answers next week.

*Image from DesignSponge provided by McGill Design Group.

13 comments:

vmichelle said...

Very cool. I like that one bold gesture of the black ceiling, medallion, and modern light fixture.

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Simply, beautiful now I never would have thought of that, but you have to have tall ceilings for this, otherwise it might seem like you're in a cave, also plenty of windows to let the light in.

ashlina {the decorista} said...

oh wow. this room is amazing! its perfection.
the candleabras on the wall are fantastic. everything is lovely!

happy weekend!
:)

Mrs. Limestone said...

I don't usually look at these kind of professionally staged rooms and swoon but this is just design at its best. Im totally with you - everything is perfection.

Katelin said...

oh man i love this room, love the lantern, love the colors, love it all.

Eclectic Thrifty Chic said...

Between the black ceiling and the ornate medallion, I am in love! That room is like heaven.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about painting my kitchen ceiling a dark red. This kind of pushes me on.

micah said...

I don't think I have seen a black ceiling before... this is gorgeous!

My @ tha Hotness said...

Oh yeah. This is a vision of pure loveliness right here.

eyes wide open said...

very nice- good pic find! love it and want it too!

Apt. #34 said...

Another Apartment! So fun. Had to come say hi. And now i'm sitting here drooling over that ceiling :)

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Black ceiling...so gorgeous!

Jen Ramos
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Stop snoring said...

Love the color of the ceiling, I love the medallion of the ceiling, I love the moldings. All in all, I love this design, very elegant!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I do my best to respond to questions/suggestions - so if you leave one don't forget to check back for my response :)