5.26.2010

In Pictures...

This past long weekend was pretty great. I spent it relaxing with the family, we did 2 bbq's over 2 days, lots of gardening, my mom bought my brothers a trampoline so...yeah, lots of jumping and just general hanging out, reading, and being lazy. It was ridiculously hot - so much so that the city called an official heat alert warning for the next few days. I know, crazy right? Last week I was freezing cold. This week it's a really hot 28c. But I'm not complaining.

Though I take pictures for other people, I'm notoriously bad at taking pictures for myself - I'm too lazy to carry around my camera and then simply forget it in the house when I do remember to bring it with me. So these not so great iPhone pics will have to do.

My vegetable garden at my mom's house.  
Celery, cucumbers, zucchini, peas, lettuce, hot & sweet peppers,
tomatoes, green & white onions...

Chilling with Howard...

Did some reading.
Currently reading 'The Greatness Guide' by Robin Sharma. LOVE it.
Seriously think I'm going to do a giveaway and give away a copy...

Kids on the trampoline...they jumped for soooooooooo long.
Howard observed...

I'm also slowly taking steps towards something I've thought of doing for a while. Each day, well to be honest each hour, I remind myself that I can do it and remind myself of the pros instead of the cons. The Greatness Guide (see pic above) has some really encouraging pieces of information and I'm hoping I don't chicken out in moving forward.

This week might be light on posting since it's a bit busy for me - but I'll try to pop in with some (hopefully) inspiring & interesting posts.

Oh! and I notice I've gotten quite a few new followers both here and on my twitter over the past week or two. Welcome! Check out the archives. De-lurk and say hi. It's a friendly environment ;)

4 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Your pooch is too cute. I'm currently reading a book I purchased for .25 Mob Girl. It was used as a prop. Pretty interesting.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, a trampoline. I always wanted one and still do. Good cardio! lol

Jessica O'Brien said...

fun shots! i just hopped on to request that book from my local library - thanks for the recommendation!

Mandy said...

DO NOT CHICKEN OUT!!! I'm serious, you can totally do this. Don't make me come up there and kick some ass. (But if I do, can we pretty please go thrifting afterwards?) =)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I do my best to respond to questions/suggestions - so if you leave one don't forget to check back for my response :)