So after some thought & just in time for the New Year, here are my Design (& design related) Resolutions for 2010.
1. Decorate my bedroom. It's the one space in my apartment that I have not touched. It's desperately crying out for attention and direction and now that I've found the perfect fabric for the headboard I'm excited to get started.
2. Open an Etsy shop and sell some of the vintage home accessories I often find while thrifting (but don't have room for). I know I mentioned it in my last post but I'm quite excited about it and as such decided it deserved being included here.
3. Incorporate more ethnic/global items into my decor. My intention has always been to have a space that is not only modern comfortable but also reflects my love of travel and interest in other cultures. "Global Casual." I've been in my apartment since February '09 and it was/is my first space. Since I was starting from scratch most of '09 was spent laying the foundation. Now that I have most of the big items I want to really bring in artwork, fabrics, and accents that have that global feel.
4. Get proper curtains for my living room. I should be embarrassed that one window still has a blanket at it - but I'm not. I've been searching high and low for affordable gray linen curtains but haven't had any luck - I may have to suck it up and get some made.
5. Finish my canvas artwork. It's been over a year and while I like it as is...it's time.
6. Figure out what the hell to do on this wall. It is totally blank and while sometimes it doesn't bother me, sometimes it does. I've thought about a thin console with either large art or a large mirror but then...I dunno. Then I've thought about an upholstered bench so I could put bags down when I come in the door or sit down while putting on shoes or something...but I dunno. I don't want it to feel cluttered but it needs something.
So there you have it. Do you have any design resolutions? I'd love to hear them - either in the comments below or on your own blog :)
photo #2 seen in Domino. Designed by Sara Story.