10.17.2010

the BEST ikea hack EVER

I've seen a lot of Ikea hacks but this has to be the most incredible one I've EVER seen.

From this:

To this:


Seriously, if I was not moving to India in 4.5 months I would totally be doing this. Copying it step by step - same colour and everything. (Maybe a darker stain to the legs). I love it.

Click here to read how Dan of the blog Manhattan Nest transformed the humble Ikea Fjellse bed frame into a chic upholstered beauty - with, among other things, a $25 wool blanket from the army supply store - genius! Seriously, a bed like this would cost HUNDREDS of dollars at West Elm, Crate & Barrel, or anyone of those other stores. Dan did it for $94. Plus the cost of the frame (which is like a whole 50 bucks for the queen size). 


Wicked.


Thank me later*.


(*and thanks to Anna of Door Sixteen for sharing this blog. I now have something new in my reader!)

Oh that reminds me.....

Earlier this week my new blog From India. With Love. was selected by Anna as one of her featured blogs for the month of October. It's a new thing she's doing on her newly revamped blog where, instead of a blog roll, each month she features four or five blogs she's hoping to bring a little more attention to rather than letting them get lost in a sea of links.


Ya, I know right! My new lil' ol' humble blog got the thumbs up from one of the big (and when I say big that's an understatement) dawgs. It's especially cool to me because Anna has been one of my absolute favourite reads for about two years now and one thing I've always loved about Door Sixteen is that it is ad free and she doesn't participate in link exchanges. It makes everything that she does link to feel...genuine. Like it's there because she genuinely enjoys it not because she was asked/paid/sponsored to mention it. So I'm genuinely flattered to be featured this month.

So what are YOU waiting for? If you haven't clicked over and given it a read yet go now. I dare you.

Thanks Anna!

3 comments:

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

This great. Love the rug, too.

lurve you said...

that blog is crazy! he is so creative!!

Hopeless Chest said...

I love that IKEA hack too and I'd convinced my boyfriend to do it, but we've been lazy.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I do my best to respond to questions/suggestions - so if you leave one don't forget to check back for my response :)