(sorry, I’m blogging from work (shhhh!) so this is a picture-less post – but I’ll try to keep it short)
Yup, you read correct. I’m opening up an etsy shop – Apartment #412!
I think I said I was going to do this earlier in the year but just never got around to it. Now that I’m moving and putting all my stuff into storage and I can’t seem to stop thrifting (and finding, I think, great items) this seems to be a good compromise. If it can’t go into my home I still want them to go to good homes – like yours! So I hope you all weren’t just “talking the talk” when you said I have a good eye for this kind of stuff or that you would have bought a particular item I showed if you had seen it – because as of November 1 you’ll be able to! It’s been incredibly hard for me to sort through the items I already have (but never put out) and the items I’ve bought more recently (including this weekend!) to decide what to open the Apartment #412 etsy shop with – I love them all so much and want to keep them – but I’ve narrowed it down to a few items to start out with and as soon as I figure out how to calculate shipping costs I’ll have a “soft opening” of the shop to see if anyone actually buys anything. Some of the items I’ll be opening with?
- Vintage Brass Apple (nice accent for your desk, bookshelf, entry table…)
- Vintage Brass Lilly (this is really cool – it’s just the head of the lily. Again, a nice for your desk, bookshelf, entry table…)
- Set of 6 Crown Sheffield Knives with (Bakelite?) Horn Handles (incredibly chic for table setting for the upcoming holidays, dinner parties..)
- Leaded Crystal Glass Container (It’s shaped like…a hershey kiss. Perfect for jewellery or a glam way to hold office supplies on your desk, or keys at your entry way…)
- Vintage Brass Fleur De Lis Candleholders (Wall mounted. So awesome.)
- Hand-knit Zig-Zag Throw in Green Ombre Colouring (Very Missoni-esque)
- Set of 3 Mis-Matched Milk Glass Candle Holders (Can also be used for single flower stems)
- Small Vintage (Porcelain?) Dish with Floral Print and Scalloped Edges (very shabby chic chic. Would be lovely as a ring dish or a nice way to hold small office supplies (paperclips), or for keys/spare change at the entryway…)
- Set of 4 Black Hexagon Glass Mugs (The shape makes them awesome and then the colour elevates it to another level)
- Vintage Orange Italian Leaded Glass Curvy Vase (Makes a statement even when it’s empty)
- Vintage Brass Tray with Handle (Perfect for mail)
How does this all sound? I hope it sounds good – because the above is a good indication of the kinds of stuff my etsy shop will have. Small home accents. Lots of glass and brass. (I’m only sorry I didn’t pick up that brass bamboo magazine rack last week! Or the mustard yellow lamp with the crackled finish…)
And everything will be very reasonably priced. I’m not doing this to start a full-time or even part-time business. It’s because I can’t stop thrifting (lmao) and I figure the extra cash can go towards my upcoming Indian Adventure.
I hope to have all of your support in this new venture - whether it’s by buying or just blogging the opening, when it arrives, on your own blogs. And I’ll probably do a shop giveaway of some sort for the opening too. So stay tuned because I’ll definitely keep you all posted of what’s going on!
THIS 01 - this netflix show | this book | this portable battery charger | this shower curtain It's funny how one hour forward can make a difference, but it does doe...
1 year ago