It's been a while since I did a post like this...a list or some sorts...and so I thought it would be fun to do one for today. Here are 10 random things that you may not know about me.....
- I have a streak of gray hair right in the front of my head. A la Stacy London. I started getting gray hairs when I was in my early 20s. I used to tweeze 'em. Then I'd dye them. Then I discovered the ease of using mascara. Two quick swipes - bye bye gray. However, I haven't covered them for a few months now. Sometimes, they just don't bother me..and now that they've grown in thick enough for a full-fledged streak (instead of looking like scattered grays) I don't mind 'em. Matter of fact - I quite like it. It's unique. So I embrace them. Embrace the gray (for now)!
- I have four younger brothers between the age of 7 and (as of tomorrow!) 18. I also have an older sister who's almost 2 years older than me. I love my siblings soooooo much.
- I haven't had a date in about a year and a half....or a "real" boyfriend in about 5 years. I can't believe I just admitted that on the world wide web. I must sound like a real loser. (I often see people who've gotten divroced, dated, and remarried in LESS than 5 years.WTF.)
- I LOVE the look of film and am teaching myself to shoot 35mm film. I just (as in earlier today) picked up a mint condition Canon AE-1. I've been looking for one (haphazardly) for a few weeks now (since the light meter in my current one is broken so I don't use it) and can't believe my luck in finding the exact one I wanted at my local thrift store...complete with original leather case and shoulder strap. I am beyond excited!
- I could live off of chicken, eggs, mashed potatoes, noodles, shrimp, and lobster for the rest of my life. If that's all I could eat I would be a very very happy girl.
- I have three tattoos. As of tomorrow, I'll have four. (Tomorrow's my brothers 18th birthday and to do something memorable we're going to get tattoos! His first, my fourth.)
- I've never been drunk. Like, never ever.
- My great great great grandfather was Cuban. Which, by my calculations, makes me 0.00005% Cuban.
- When I'm buying things I never take the first item (meaning the item in the front or on the top). EVER. Of ANYTHING. Magazines, books, clothes, bags, anything in the grocery store, beauty supplies, a bag of chips, a bottle of water.....basically, anything I have to pay for. ANYTHING. And if there is only one left I'll ask the sale associate to check the back. I'm sure this is some kind of irrational phobia but I don't know the name of it. If you do, please let me know.
- My real name is not Kay ;)
What's something I may not know about YOU?