- I finally picked up the ceramic monkey I ordered to my besties house in NJ. It's kinda cute and slightly life-like looking which makes it a bit creepy and less cute. I love it.
- I wallpapered my bathroom (something I had been debating about here ).
- I bought ikea fabric for curtains - they're hanging now but are in a rough state...I have to hem them...actually, I need to make a decision about them (I may move them into the bedroom).
- I added more frames to my gallery wall.
- I finished painting the rest of the visible baseboard trim in the living/dining/kitchen area.
- I finally got around to re-purposing my over-sized picture frame (that I got for $1 yard sale) into an inspiration board.
- I added a small rug to the kitchen.
Most importantly, over these past 3 months I've become re-inspired & re-invigorated. I wasn't a sad person before - but the earlier in the year (late winter, early spring & early summer) I felt...blah. But now I feel happier than I've felt in a long time. You know, being happy really is a choice. I know that sounds weird but try it. A day when you wake up feeling blah and down, say to yourself "I'm going to be happy today." In doing this you'll will yourself to see the brighter side of things. To smile more. To laugh more. And all of those things makes you a happier person and in-turn, you feel better. Also, something my bestie said to me that she's been doing - is reminding herself that sometimes it's not all about her. I never thought it was all about me but in some situations lately, when it comes to other people (mainly family & friends) where I might kinda not show enthusiasm in a situation or be kinda blaze about a situation - I've been reminding myself 'it's not all about you....how would you want them to react if the situation were reversed?" And you know what, just thinking that makes you change your reaction and the way you interact with other people. It makes the other person feel good which in turn makes you feel good.
Anyways, not trying to be preachy. Here's a pic of me* and Howard taken this past weekend.
Two happy souls.
*Ya, ignore the hair. We were just coming from my brothers' b-ball practice and the dog park. I just threw on a hat...